DIY!

Finally having a job has kicked me out of sloth-mode. I've been feeling super crafty recently and trolling crafter blogs for inspiration. I've been reading and idea gathering for a few days, and I've decided to post pictures of past projects for all to see, something I've never done before.

I've always been on a ridiculously small budget when it comes to crafting (which will hopefully change soon): $0. So I've used found materials, old shirts, and things my mom gives me.

I made this bird from a window screen I found by the dumpster. I was messing around with it and found it held a shape very well, so I made a bird. My sister thought I was weird when I sent her a picture of it from my phone, and maybe you will too. I'm OK with that. As my third grade keychain once said, "I'm not weird, I'm gifted!"





This is the mirror in our tiny bathroom, which I decorated with yellow checkers. As you can see, it matches the yellow shower curtain. As you can't see, it also matches a French print of a dancing girl I have hanging on the wall.







The cardboard here is from the box Justin's guitar was shipped in, with projects from my high school photography class and two square mirrors hung over them. Thank goodness for "SureDeposit," because I put so many holes in the wall trying to hang this that we definitely wouldn't get our money back!







These are random practice/unfinished paintings I hung on the nails left over when I moved the mirrors from the above project into the kitchen. There's still one nail left over, so I still have to come up with something to fill the space.








Last one, although I thought of some more after I uploaded the photos and I'm too lazy to take more. I drew these stencils in my sketchbook, cut them out, then sponge-painted the background (that last part was Justin's idea). I added the black border, but messed up on the yellow spoon. Oh well, I'm not a perfectionist. In the corner of the pic, you can see the coffee can I painted to throw garbage in when I'm in the middle of something and can't travel to the actual garbage can.

Inspiring for me, and maybe you too. Even bad art is good art, when it's in your own home!

Comments

Popular Posts