Sunburning

I had a class outside the other day, from 1:15 until 2:30. Thursday. The first 70 degree day we've had in a while, and I was wearing capris. By the time it was over, my eastward-facing side was burnt to a crisp. I think I got sunsick, because I ended the day early with a horrible headache and a taste of exhaustion. My legs looks like crab legs. Well, I think they did. I'm not entirely sure what crab legs look like--I hate seafood.

Anyway, it is very weird to me that people can get burnt by the sun. Is it because we don't have hair? Do birds and squirrels get sunburn?

Here we are, the dominant species on the planet, and being outside for too long makes us sick and burning. I makes me feel like we're devolving. Oh well, at least the animal kingdom has one up on us.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Comments

Popular Posts