Hey, well, I'm still Alive

You know, world, I had a good day today.

Even though bad things happened, and other people might say "I had a bad day today," I had a good one in an "I'm a human being and I'm alive" kind of way. That was often my exact inner-monologue, today. It was good to be with family, the people you know will love you no matter what you ever do in life.

Sometimes when I take Eddie out to "hurry up" (the code word my uncle used to make his dogs go to the bathroom), I let her off the leash. She runs around, usually in circles, glad to feel nature under her feet and answer its call. That's how I felt today.

In some ways, it was a bad day. I won't elaborate. Sorry. But when I went to my dad's house, alone, for my "birthday party" (two weeks after my birthday), when I told him I was leaving he stood up, blew out the candle on the coffee table and said "that's it. Jess has to go home. So the party's over, no more candles!" He was laughing, we all were, and I felt loved. For that moment, I felt like a child that had grown up but still has her family to love her like everybody loves a little kid. It's a beautiful thing.

I like writing this blog, because it gives me a chance to write down the passing feelings that I feel and share them with...the world. Anybody who stumbles by, googles "80s fashion," who clicks a link and ends up looking through the window to the way I look at the world.

Thanks, readers. Whoever you are. There are thoughts I think and things I don't write down. But sometimes, when I'm taking Eddie outside to feel nature in her paws, I think a thought. And then I think "I have to post this on my blog." Not because I think I have a readership (we all know that's not the case), but because I can. I can type these thoughts on my laptop with my wifi and someone will read them.

Thanks for reading my thoughts. Sometimes they are objective, and sometimes they are intimate. And, even more sometimes, you probably don't know what the hell I'm trying to get at but at least you know I'm writing as if we were having a conversation and I were just talking to you.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts