Far too long, friends

Its been awhile since my last post. I wish I could say I've done something commendable in the meantime, but I really haven't. Mostly, I read--our TV only sporadically gets one channel.

My sister left me a voice mail today which I thought was pretty funny. I am storing it on the Internet for posterity, because my voice mail automatically deletes saved messages whenever it feels like it:

"Hey Jess. I'm on the Sex Offenders website, and I just wanted to tell you that there are SEVENTY-EIGHT sex offenders living in Lakewood. So BE CAREFUL! And some of them are pretty cute guys, too!"

There you have it. Out of 56, 646 people (according to the 2000 census), there are 78 sex offenders living in my fair city. Now, that doesn't seem to bad. Really, its only 001% of the population. Can't beat that!

But, Lakewood citizens, beware! These sex offenders, though small in number, are GOOD LOOKING. Logically, doesn't that make them even more dangerous?


(Disclaimer: Admittedly, my sis doesn't know the population of Lakewood, and I really do appreciate the warning)

Comments

Popular Posts