Rubbers, anyone?

We had some errands to run the other day, picking up the Internet equipment from Cox Cable, stopping at Richmond Mall and going to Wal-Mart. I also had to drop off some supplies at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a boombox I'd borrowed to play some cassette tapes, both of which I returned.

In order to look responsible, I asked the security guard at the back door if she had any tape, so I could stick the cassettes to the radio. I didn't want it to look like I'd just grabbed everything and thrown it on the counter, even though that was basically my plan.

The security guard looks in the drawer and says, "No, we don't have tape. But we do have some rubbers."

And I thought....WHAT? Why would she give me condoms when I asked for tape?

Now, I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary, and while "rubber" has a variety of meanings, none of them are rubber band. Pencil eraser, yes, and that it the closest I could find. I might work it into my vernacular, if only for shock value.

Comments

Popular Posts