ow. self-discovery hurts sometimes.

"Used to be one of the rotten ones and he liked you for that/Used to be one of the rotten ones and I liked you for that/Now you're all gone got your make-up on and you're not coming back/Can't you come back?"

so I recently started a work-out regimen. Nothing fancy, just squats lunges pushups crunches, squats and lunges courtesy of about.com, every other day and jog on the off days. No weights and no gym involved. I also bought a pilates dvd off an infomercial, but that's a whole other story (who knew Danny Glover could be so convincing?)

I am starting to feel muscles pulled out of the empty vacuum that was my body. Internal motivation is a new thing for me, and it is going pretty well.

The whole endeavor fits into the boyfriend-is-gone period of self-discovery I have recently entered. I have a tendency (and my friends will be the first ones to back me up on this) to drop my own preferences for my boyfriend's when I'm in a relationship. I don't know why, but I am learning that it doesn't make for the best relationships, because it creates an unequal give-and-take. So, I'm taking this conveniently place period of time to rediscover my own interests, and teach myself the value of being true to myself.

I went to Spot Night last night (free concerts hosted by the University every Wednesday night), and remembered how much I love going to shows and having crazy dance parties with my friends. I used to spend up to the very last dollar in my bank account, if necessary (and its getting there again), on ticket money. There has been no reason for me recently not to do this, but I have gone to very few shows in recent history.

Whatever. I'm done trying to figure it out, I just need to figure out how to surmount it. And I think I'm off to a pretty good start.

Comments

TJ said…
you're the best a guy could ask for

Popular Posts