of ants and artists

I've had a problem lately. A big problem. And ant problem.

I've honestly killed more ants in the past week than I have in my entire life. I never saw myself as a cold-blooded killer, but it's gotten to the point where if i see one I yell "I don't think so, you motherfucker! Die!" and squash them with the shoes and kleenex I keep handy.

And, lucky me, they only seem to go into the living room and my bedroom, which share the west-facing wall, where they probably live, little bastards. I cleaned up, caulked, put out traps, and have done everything I can, thankfully to a reduction in the volume of ants that wriggle into my apartment. Hopefully its not just the rainy weather keeping them out...I don't want to have to go through another bloody massacre.

The other big news in my life is that we have houseguests tonight! Not ants (I hope), but the Joe Lally, bassist from Fugazi, and the three guys in Antelope are crashing here tonight after their show at the Beachland. Unfortunately, I can't go to the show because I have photography from 6-9pm, and a French exam tomorrow. But I will make vegan sloppy joes and drag out enough mattresses to fit four extra grown men into my little apartment. Hopefully all will go well and they will enjoy their accommodations so much that we'll become friends and they'll want to come back! Either that or we will open a tour-band-hostel, where famous musicians tramping through Cleveland can come stay for a slice of authentic Midwestern life and a fresh-filled cannoli.

Comments

TJ said…
I wish I was there to watch you ruthlessly slay those ants. Especially for all those times you grabbed my hand as I was about to kill one and said "let the poor thing live"

Popular Posts