ok, so I lied.

but a lot of good people are liars, right?

So I haven't been updating my blog weekly, and that resolution held true for only a week, but at least I've proven true, yet again, the only thing I know for sure about myself: I break every rule I make.

But, I have decided I will again take up the sword and defend my honor as a regular blogger, so now that school is in session I will be working blogging into my routine. Having been completely routineless for almost 4 months, this will be quite a change, but I think I'm up to the challenge. And since I waited too damn long to write about all the things I was going to write about, I will put a few nice, orderly, numbered blurbs of my underdeveloped ideas below.

1. My boyfriend and I (having repaired the relationship crisis from the July 23 entry) went to see the Cleveland Orchestra on August 6th, where we enjoyed Symphonie fantastique, ate cheese and crackers, and drank two bottles of excellent wine before driving home (a moderately bad idea, I know, but c'est la vie), to the toast of "Here's to...being here!" While we were there, I had the impression that I was enjoying the music exactly as it was meant to be enjoyed- outdoors, in love, wine-drunk, and wholeheartedly, with life-sounds breaking in during the silences. Because I have the attention span of a goldfish, I spent a lot of time observing the people around me, and my unabashed staring caused me to share a smile with a few 50+ men, who were enjoying the concert with their wives and girlfriends, and it made me hope that when I am 50+ I will smile when I remember the days when I was young and enjoying life immensely with 50+ years ahead of me.

2. I moved into my apartment in the beginning of August, a two-bedroom in Little Italy that I share with a good friend (a boy and no, we're not dating). It is in a great location for an extravert, with a front-facing porch on the busiest street around. So, if you walk by and see me slothin, give a holler.

3. Class started yesterday, and I spent my first classless Tuesday at the William G. Mather Historical Steamship and Museum, a $4 for students self-guided tour that I recommend to everyone, because it's very cool. I will probably spend the rest of my Tuesdays sleeping in and desperately reading novels I need to finish by the next day.

4. That's it.

Comments

Popular Posts