stomach contents and sunbeams

Post Rating: PG-13. Partial nudity, graphic and relatively uninteresting content.

I spent all of Wednesday throwing up. In the bathroom, in a bucket, left, right, here, there...it wasn't pretty. Vomiting is an experience like nothing else...there aren't many things in life that everyone despises with such intensity. After a while, it becomes an almost spiritual experience...You feel it coming, see your life flash before your eyes, quickly followed by your dinner. There's no hope in vomit. Very appropriate during this Easter season.

On Thursday, I hobbled outside with my blanket and my gatorade to soak up some rays and vitaminD, studying French in shorts and a bikini, surrounded by happy, frolicking Case freshmen enjoying the warm weather. That night, when I noticed how itchy my back was, I realized it was due to the cherry hue of my rear half...the first sunburn of the season.

Now, where do these two experiences converge? What is the life lesson to be learned? Let me step back, and allow this poem to speak for me:

stomach contents and sunbeams
in me
around me
like a Rainbow
Springtime.

Comments

Sean Santa said…
reminds me of "ode to the maggot"

L,

Santa


ps: tonite fucking rocked!

Popular Posts