sometimes, when it's late at night and I have homework to do, I like to look in my journal for things I've written and post them on my blog.

So here are the last four things I wrote in my journal:

All I can do is speak in abstract sentences designed to be meaningful to one person at a time.

April 22
I stepped into the shower alone and turned it on full blast. For a moment, the molecules displaced by the waterpressure filled the shower with his delicious scent, but soon it was washed away.

April 23
I laid in my bed this afternoon, naked, reading Ferlinghetti outloud to myself and looking out the window. No matter how busy I am, I try to do something equally holistic everyday. I think it might be the key to my positive attitude.

A conversation with my friend Ryan
(I fake punch him in the shoulder and he jumps back, wary of my fist)
"Oh! Don't be scared! No matter what I did, I probably couldn't ever hurt you"
"You know, I think you're right"
"See?"
"I can scratch you off my list of like twelve thousand people."
"I'm glad I can be that person for you"
(laughing)
"You're kinda like a blanket"
"Exactly!! That's exactly what I try to be...everybody's blanket!"

Comments

TJ said…
good post, blanket
Sean Santa said…
the best part about these was the detail about stepping into the shower ALONE, as if there was any other acceptable way. or as if youve gotten used to doing it a different way. a very interesting character quirk, and sentence

L,

Sean

Popular Posts