Family Matters

A classic day of family fun.

Accidentally stealing a purse from the shoe store, stealing on purpose from a different store, then spending forty dollars so at least we've done some legitimate shopping. Buying birthday candles at the dollar store. Birthday dinner with too many egg rolls, and grape juice from a can that didn't get stirred. Now we're even, with an extra punch. Mom reading magazines from the 1940s while I sew a shirt and we play word games around the circle, with Mom messing up the alphabet and Michelle naming animals that never existed. My name is Ingrid, I'm married to Ian, I live in Italy, and I'm a Igloo Saleswoman. Trying to teach them Korean Rock Paper Scissors, having never played myself, and Joe needing to take a break to "collect his wits." Getting hit in the face with a ball while they play catch in the living room, and exercising on the machine that somehow wound up in the living room. "Jess, you missed it! Michelle's the first one to make a party foul! She knocked over the grape juice!" (with the ball from catch in the living room). Lauging all the time, watching them get mad part of the time. Glad I can come home, and glad I can still leave too.

Comments

Popular Posts