Cheers to new friends!

The bottom of the world is gold and the world is upside down. -Kerouac

I have been a deliberate cultivator of friendship recently, sprinkling water on the little seedlings until we have created something that you can't stumble over. I am interested, not interesting, and from that mindset a mutual interest springs. It really is amazing.

In my near-past, my intentions have had excellent results, something I wallow in on a daily basis.

15 Feb 06

Riding on the University Shuttle is usually a tedious experience, but today it offered a moment of personal connection for me to witness.
Driving up Cornell, we were stopped in traffic when an RTA Shuttle pulled up next to us. The driver pushed her window open, and the Greenie driver cracked his door to aid in communication.
He responded to her muffled greeting.
"Hey! I start at RTA March thirteenph"
"Yeah? Whatchu drivin?"
"One-a-dem big buses"
"Alright now. See you!"
"Aight!"
The door shut, she drove away, and he turned to us, his two passengers, and said, grinning, "I went to high school wif her!" and we smiled and laughed in return.

Comments

Sean Santa said…
beautiful story! i loved the spelling especially

L,

Sean
Deborah said…
and I went to a clinic and talked about my sexlife to woman in a wheelchair born with spina bifida...deeply saddened by dana's death and inspired by chris's life. kinda the same as your story, yes? guess what jess? i still love you!

Popular Posts